Want a Beautiful Kitchen? We Can Help.
The Columbus-Architect is a small firm located in Columbus Ohio. We’ve been helping residential customers design and realize beautiful new kitchens, bathrooms, and additions.
A lot of people who approach architects are intimidated to start their next home project because they don’t quite understand what they really want or the process involved. Without any commitments we can help by answering some of your questions that will help you get started. The reason you may want to make a conversation with an architect a first step is that architectural drawings will allow you make an apples-to-apples comparison when shopping for contractors.
Some of our clients need a service that includes architectural design, construction details, and finish material selection. Other folks simply need a technical drawing to submit for a building permit. Either way we’d love to talk to you about your project. Please call or email with any questions.
We provide both residential and commercial services at a great price.
Is your house getting cramped? We can help you design a great addition to give you years more use.
Why would you want an Architect?
A lot of people ask us, “Why do I want to hire an architect?” There are four basic reasons why might consider it. Here’s some food for thought.
- Problem Solving. You’d want to consider working with an architect if you a particular or unique construction problem to solve. Maybe your lot is tight or up against a barrier like a ravine or the neighbors. Perhaps you don’t have enough room to build out and need some ideas about building up instead. Home owners often want help thinking through their options and outlining the process. Remember architects are professional problem solvers.
- Code Compliance and Building Permits. Most of us live in jurisdictions are have an enforceable zoning and building code. Architects are masters are sorting through the legal and technical mumbo-jumbo. We can not only help you plan your project but also provide you with all of the requirements that you’ll need to get through the intimidating building department.
- Getting an apples-to-apples bids from contractors and construction managers. Are you trying to get bids from multiple contractors? With architectural drawings you can make sure that contracts are bidding on exactly what you want built. It’s important that one contractor doesn’t submit a low bit because he didn’t know that you wanted your new flooring stained to match to the existing floor. You don’t want one contractor pricing features that another isn’t. Architectural drawings can ultimately save you a lot of money by allowing you compare competitive bids.
- High Standard of Construction. You might consider working with an architect if you have a dream or vision for your home that is surpasses the current “new construction standard”. A lot of people want their home to have a unique character. Others will want to make sure that their house is on the cutting edge of efficiency and technology.
If you have a question please don’t hesitate to call or send an email. I’m happy if I can give you a better understanding of the construction process.
We can deliver hard-copy or digital drawings. We will provide models or CAD in whatever format you choose. By using Jay DeVore and The Columbus Architect you retain all rights to reproduce those drawings and use them at you wish.
Need House Plans? You've come to the Right Place
We also can help by providing the following specialized services.
- Design and Expertise
- Building Plans and Elevations
- Area Calculations
- As-Built Drawings
- Graphical Packages for Real Estate Entrepreneurs
- Digital Modeling